1. When customers sign up to receive your ebook or document
Before understanding what that scenario is, let’s take a look at the characteristics of this customer group.
Potential customer group characteristics:
- Looking for knowledge around your product or service that you do business
- Their desire is to get a solution or knowledge that can assist or help them solve their problem.
- They don’t want to receive any information about your product or service yet. Unless your ebooks, documents, etc. are directly related to the product.
- Get in the simplest and fastest method.
The script is for them:
- Step 1: Create a web form to collect information of this customer group (just get basic information such as name, email can be phone number)
- Step 2: Put web forms in the right position on your website and attract customers to register
- Step 3: After the customer leaves the information (collect data), pass them to the thank you page (either recommend related products or services or sign up for a trial of your product).
- Step 4: After 1 minute, send the document to your customer via email (it is possible to send SMS to that customer, suitable for products or services of great value).
Example: Welcome to the CRMVIET Blog. Please receive the document (ebook) below.
- Step 5: Send a regular 1 email/week (about 12 weeks, depending on your target audience).
Note: Content related to the document or ebook that your potential customer is interested in.
- Will the percentage of them opening the email or clicking will tell you the content is suitable for that customer or not?
- Does that customer regularly visit your website? (CRM can help you keep track of what that customer is learning.)
- Check the number of customers receiving eBooks switching to trial subscriptions of your product or service (refer to Reverse Goal Path in Google Analytics)
2. Customers register to try your product or service
Features of this group of potential customers:
- There is a need for your product or service
- Wanting the fastest support, having advice or guidance is more wonderful
- Want to receive more information, product knowledge, quotes, policies on effective usage, …
Marketing Automation Scenario:
- Step 1: Create a web form to collect information of this customer group (in addition to information such as name, email, phone number, you need to add more data such as area, address, company name, position,… Depending on the characteristics of the service and product).
- Step 2: Customers register for the web form (collect a place for easy management). If customers leave information by phone or other means, you also need to keep that data in one place.
- Step 3: After 1 minute, email the trial link to the customer and send an SMS to notify them.
Example: Message content: Thank you for registering to try CRMVIET software
- Step 4: Divide data for employees Sale care (CRM can help you automatically divide customers for your employees, with Notify notifications for that employees).
- Step 5: Send weekly emails to customers (about 6 months, depending on the business). The email content is directly related to usage, product features, …
- Step 6: If within 3-6 months, that potential customer has not become a customer, send an email every 2 weeks with the content of surrounding knowledge about the product or service of the business.
- Customer conversion rate
- Percentage of customers opening Email and Click
- Revenue from new customers
- Sales closing rate of sales teams
3. Customers interact through social networks
Features to note with groups of customers interacting via social networks:
- They know the products or services of the business through social channels
- They want to receive direct support on that social channel or over the phone to facilitate communication and communication.
Marketing Automation Scenario
- Step 1: Customers leave the information on social channels. Data collection for easy management
- Step 2: 24 hours later, send a message with the content: give suggestions to customers who intend to buy or feel when they are consulted and supported.
Note: In order to improve customer experience depending on different customer groups, it is advisable to build a separate marketing automation scenario (facebook from 2020 will limit sending Many Chat, Broadcast)
For example when customers interact on Zalo:
- Send 1 broadcast/week to potential customers with content knowledge related to your product or service.
- Send mass zalo messages to each customer group on CRM
- Percentage of customers who open Broadcast messages on Zalo
- The percentage of customers who subscribe to Facebook’s Bot Chat